Get Involved with the Accessible Learning Centre in 2014-2015!
The Accessible Learning Centre is now recruiting volunteers for its Peer Helper Volunteer team for the 2014-2015 academic year. This is your opportunity to co-ordinate student supports and initiate projects that directly affect and benefit other students at Laurier. It is also great experience to add to your Co-curricular record.
What would I do? - Positions available
1) Assistive Technology Support Volunteer (1 position available)
2) Learning Strategist Support Volunteer (2 positions available)
3) Note-Taking Program Co-ordinator (3 positions available)
4) Tutoring Program Co-ordinator (1 position available)
5) Project and Student Support Co-ordinator (2 positions available)
How do I benefit?
· Gain valuable experience for your co-curricular record
· apply your existing skills and formal knowledge in a practical and meaningful way
· increase your sensitivity and understanding to the needs of students with disabilities
· develop program management and interpersonal skills
· increase your knowledge of the campus and community resources/services
· hance to meet new people and become more involved in the WLU community!
How do I apply?
Step 1: Decide which positions interest you. Descriptions are available from ALC, Rm 1C9 or online at waterloo.mylaurier.ca/accessible/jobs/volunteer.htm
Step 2: Complete the application form. Indicate and rank which positions you'd like to be considered for. Please attach your resume.
Step 3: Return or email your application and resume to the ALC (Rm. 1C9 or 1C11) by: Monday March 10, 2014 by 12pm
|Feb 27/14||ALC Peer Helper- Project and Student Support Co-ordinator||Accessible Learning Centre|
|Feb 27/14||ALC Peer Helper- Student Tutoring Program Co-ordinator||Accessible Learning Centre|
|Feb 27/14||ALC Peer Helper- Student Note-taking Program Co-ordinator||Accessible Learning Centre|
|Feb 27/14||ALC Peer Helper- Student Learning Strategist||Accessible Learning Centre|
|Feb 27/14||ALC Peer Helper- Student Assistive Technologist||Accessible Learning Centre|